Now Accepting Police and Dispatch Lateral Transfers
PART-TIME POLICE/FIRE DISPATCHER
The City of Macedonia is now accepting applications for a part time police/fire dispatcher.
The work shift for this position varies, including holidays and weekends. Applicants must be
prepared to work a variety of shifts and occasional call-ins with short notice. General duties
will include: answering emergency and routine phone calls, dispatching police and fire
emergency services, greeting the public, and performing typing, filing, clerical, and data
entry duties. Ability to successfully function and multi-task in high stress situations, as well
as familiarity with computers, are highly desirable attributes of candidates for this position.
Preference will be given to prospective applicants who have prior fire service and law
enforcement dispatch experience.
In order to qualify for this position, applicants must meet the following minimum
1. Submit to Nationwide criminal history check including fingerprinting.
2. Be of good character as determined by a comprehensive background investigation.
3. Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development (GED)
4. Physical activity requires some light lifting, walking, bending, stooping, and sitting.
5. Have a valid Ohio driver’s license,
6. Successfully pass on-the-job training program and
7. Obtain LEADS/NCIC certification.
The City of Macedonia is accepting applications for the position of part-time Firefighter/Paramedic. Candidates must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License, State of Ohio Firefighter Certifications I and II, State of Ohio EMT-Paramedic Certification or currently enrolled in an accredited Paramedic Program and in good standing and posses a current Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) physical agility test with a passing time of four (4) minutes and thirty (30) seconds or less.
This position requires the candidate to work weekends, holidays and must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings.
To apply, pick up applications at the Macedonia City Hall, 9691 Valley View Road, Macedonia, Ohio 44056 between 8 am & 4 pm or at https://www.macedonia.oh.us/departments/human-resource/
Please submit copies of all certifications at time of application.
Planning Commission Member
Term expires 12/01/2023
Members of the Commission shall serve without compensation.
The Planning Commission shall be the platting authority of the City and have such power and perform such duties with respect to the use, subdivision and development of land as may be prescribed by the laws of the State of Ohio or the ordinances of Council to the extent they are not inconsistent with the City’s Charter.
The Macedonia Police Department is currently accepting applications to fill two positions for part-time School
Resource Officer (SRO), positions. Salary range $19.00 to $22.00 an hour. Candidates must be OPOTA
certified at the time of filing the application and will be required to participate in an evaluation process that
includes interviews, medical, psychological, drug testing, and background investigation. Prior SRO experience is
preferred but not required.
Minimum Job Requirements & Qualifications necessary for the positions:
• Must be at least 21 years of age and a US Citizen
• Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
• Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license
• Must be a certified police officer in the State of Ohio (O.P.O.T.A.)
• Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check, medical screening, psychological, and
polygraph or computer voice stress analysis (C.V.S.A.)
• Must possess the physical and mental capabilities needed to perform the duties of a police officer
• Must possess excellent communications skills, both oral and written
• Must be available to work any combination of daytime and nighttime hours as well as weekdays,
weekends and holidays
• Knowledge of how courts work and how to present evidence during court proceedings
• SRO’s are often trained by the Ohio Schools Resource Officers Association (OSROA) this is a
requirement that must be met prior to the end of the first calendar year of hire.
View Full Job Description