Akron, Ohio, December 14, 2020 – Effective Monday, December 14, 2020 the Summit County Fiscal Office has temporarily suspended public access at their main branch at 175 S. Main St. in downtown Akron, and two satellite locations at 1030 E. Tallmadge Ave., Akron and 1180 S. Main St., Suite 250, Akron.
This decision was made based on the recommendation and guidance of state and local authorities.
The public may access Fiscal Office services by phone at 330-643-2632 or 330-643-2588, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or online at http://FiscalOffice.summitoh.net. Please consider the following options:
- Taxpayers can make payments online or by phone. Payments can also be made by mail, with or without a copy of the tax bill. Property owners should include the parcel number on the memo line of their check.
- Taxpayers can also submit tax payments by using the drop box located on the 4th Floor of the Ohio Building at 175 S. Main St. in downtown Akron during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Any payments made through the drop box that create an overage will be applied to the next tax bill.
- Title companies can continue to take advantage of e-Recording services.
- Property owners can apply for the Real Estate Discount (RED) Program, Delinquent Tax Payment Plan, and Tax Installment Plan (TIP) by phone or email; contracts can be sent by mail.
- Homeowners can sign up for the Homestead Exemption or Owner Occupancy Tax Reduction by downloading an application from our website and submitting the completed application by mail. To request a copy of the application by mail, please call 330-643-2661.
- Board of Revision complaints can be filed online through the e-Filing system beginning January 1, 2021 thru March 31, 2021.
- Dog owners may purchase a dog license online.
- Those seeking a license for vendor’s, cigarette sales, firewood sales, or dog kennels can apply by downloading an application from our website and submitting the completed application by mail.
- Veteran ID Cards are not available online. For information regarding Veteran I.D. Cards, please contact 330-643-2530.