[Akron, OH] –Summit County Public Health today releases the following updated COVID-19 numbers for Sunday, August 2, 2020:
Number of cases in Ohio (confirmed & probable): 93,031 Number of deaths in Ohio (confirmed & probable): 3,519 Total Cases in Summit County (Confirmed & Probable): 3,199 Number ever hospitalized in Summit County: 508
Number of cases in healthcare workers in Summit County: 357 Total Deaths in Summit County (Confirmed & Probable): 219 Number of deaths in Long Term Care facilities: 163
Summit County Health Advisory Level: Level 2/Orange
Now that Ohio is mostly reopen, please remember it is imperative that Summit County residents continue to follow standard precautions to prevent the spread of infectious disease. Steps that residents can take to slow the spread of the virus include:
- Maintain a six-foot distance from other individuals.
Wear a cloth face covering when out in public.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or sleeve, or a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands afterwards.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom or before eating. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face – especially your eyes, nose and mouth – with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you have cold- or flu-like symptoms, for seven days after your illness onset or three days after your fever resolves without fever reducing medicine, and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
More information on specific information regarding the opening of Ohio’s businesses can be found at https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home
For more information about the coronavirus situation in Summit County visit https://www.scph.org/covid-19. If you have questions, call the COVID-19 Call Line
(330) 926-5795. The call line is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. M-F.